Theme: “Joining P&OM forces worldwide: Present and future of Operations Management”
P&OM was already a key area in Business Administration at the end of the last century. However it did not enjoy the position and recognition that it deserved compared to other disciplines, such as Marketing, Finance and Management, for example. This is why the idea arose for the various P&OM Associations in America (POMS), Europe (EurOMA ) and Asia (JOMSA ), which were working separately, to join forces for the first time to generate synergy to the benefit of the P&OM field as a whole.
As a result, the idea behind the World P&OM Conferences was born in 1998 as a new kind of Conference, supported by the joint work of the three Associations and their members for the different Conference tasks and designed to provide: 1) a rich worldwide debate and exchange of knowledge in the discipline, with high participation by OM leaders; 2) a major effort to facilitate a high level of networking among OM scholars. Since then Conferences have been held every 4 years with a high success. After Seville (2000), Cancun (2004), Tokyo (2008) and Amsterdam (2012), it is now time for the fifth, which will be held in Havana. It is once again the moment to join forces at a time of increasing growth and complexity in our field!
The 5th World Conference on P&OM (co-organized by POMS, EurOMA and JOMSA) is coming soon. Mark your calendar to attend it in Havana (September 6-10th, 2016) at the Havana International Conference Centre. We want P&OM Havana 2016 to be a new benchmark in every aspect and different than the regular Conferences. Don’t miss it!
Some reasons to attend P&OM Havana 2016:
- An outstanding group of more than 20 keynote speakers from Europe, America and Asia have already agreed “to join forces” to debate hot topics in our discipline with you
- An exciting line-up of invited sessions coordinated by more than 30 well-known scholars from Europe, America and Asia has already been prepared
- An academic program structure designed to facilitate worldwide debate among scholars from Europe, America and Asia
- Special attention to facilitate the best networking in a wonderful and exciting location (the social activities , some included in the fees, will play an important role for this goal)
- Havana , a very safe, mythical and magic venue, chosen as one of the “7 wonder Cities of the World”, and with a downtown listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Easy flight connections at affordable prices from many airports around the World.
- Inexpensive accommodation in high quality hotels (including breakfast, transfer from and to the Airport, transfer from and to the Conference venue, and transportation to Conference activities).
- A wonderful ratio services/ Conference fees, higher than in previous Conferences.
Join forces with us and share your OM knowledge with scholars from around the world to debate about the present and future of OM !
Join us on a trip back in time where you will find colonial art deco, wonderful music and friendly people. Where you can have a few “mojitos” with your friends and colleagues, and even hail a ride in a classic 1950’s car!
On behalf of the Steering Committee and of the Local Organizing team, we are looking to seeing you in Havana.
Jose A.D. Machuca (Steering Committee Chair)
5th World Conference on P&OM: P&OM Havana 2016 : Important dates
- December 11, 2015 – 1st Call for Abstracts
- February 4, 2016 – 2nd Call for Abstracts / Submission site opens
- February 26, 2016 – 12:00 noon CET – 1st Deadline for Abstract Submission
- March 17, 2016 – 12:00 noon CET – Extended Final Deadline for Abstract Submission (NOTE: The above extended deadline date does not apply for Invited Session papers – the deadline date for these submissions is being communicated directly to those involved.)
- April 2016 (date TBA) – Registration & Accommodation site opens
- April 25, 2016 – Decision Notification
- June 20, 2016 – 12:00 noon CET – Deadline for Full Paper Submission (optional) / Early-bird Registration closes
- September 6-10, 2016 – P&OM Havana 2016 Conference & Tours
Steering Committee (POMS, EurOMA and JOMSA)
Jose A.D. Machuca (Steering Committee Chair, representing EurOMA-POMS-JOMSA , Universidad de Sevilla, Spain / email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Raffaella Cagliano (Former EurOMA’s President, Politécnico di Milano, Italy), Sergio E. Gouvea da Costa (POMS’s VP Americas, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana and Federal University of Technology - Parana, Brazil) Andreas Groessler (EurOMA VP Meetings, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands), Dorothee Honhon (former POMS’s VP Communication, University of Texas at Dallas, U.S.A.), Munehiko Itoh (Former JOMSA’s President, Kobe University, Japan), Yoshiki Matsui (former JOMSA’s President, Yokohama National University, Japan).
Local Organizing Team (LOT)
Jose A.Acevedo (LOT Chair,CUJAE (Instituto Superior Politécnico José A. Echevarría) Email : email@example.com ),Roberto Cespón (Universidad Central de las Villas Martha Abreu/ VP Local organizing team ), Martha I. Gomez-‐Acosta (LOT Vice-‐Chair, CUJAE Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), Teresita Lopez-‐Joy ( LOT Vice-‐Chair, CUJAE), Gil Cruz-‐Lemos(coordinator with Havana Convention Centre, CUJAE), Ana J.Acevedo-‐Urquiaga (CUJAE), Gilberto Hernandez (UCLV) Dr.Igor Lopez Martinez,( CUJAE), Alberto Medina-‐León ( UMCC (Universidad de Matanzas Camilo Cienfuregos)), Dianelys Nogueira-‐Rivera (UMCC) , Maritza Ortiz-‐Torres ( UH (Universidad de La Habana), Yinef Pardillo-‐ Baez (CUJAE),José M. Pozo-‐Rodriguez (UH).
Co-Chairs: Gerald Reiner (Chair Program Committee (PC)/ Universitaet Klagenfurt, Austria / EurOMA Board/ email@example.com); Afonso Fleury (Co-Chair PM/ Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil / Past VP Americas POMS/ Co-Chair Program Committee,); Jatinder (Jeet) N. D. Gupta (Co-Chair PM/ University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA / Past President POMS); Michiya Morita (Co-Chair PC/ Gakushuin University, Japan / Past President JOMSA ).
Local organizing team :Roberto Cespón (Universidad Central de las Villas Martha Abreu/ VP Local organizing team , RCespon@uclv.edu.cu )
Managerial/Technical support: Cesar H. Ortega Jimenez ( IIES-CEAT, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras)